Thursday, January 21, 2010

Puppy Power

Puppy Power
As most of you know the children have been here for a week, and brought their 3 month old puppy since their dad is out of town. Having a puppy is like having another child, but instead of crying to communicate she yelps or barks.  That's not such a big deal unless you live in an apartment.  My oldest is allergic, and his allergies trigger asthma.  Well, this was escalated when the dog was contained in the smaller space with us.  We tried keeping her in one of the bathrooms until she scratched some holes in the sheetrock and tore up a little section of carpet.  SO we moved her kennel to the balcony to alleviate the asthma problem, as well as the destruction problem.  Unfortunately this is when the trouble started.  Apparently she was barking when we were not there and disturbing the neighbors.  The last two days it was getting bad even when we were here.  We were constantly having to take her outside just to keep her quiet.  I was determined we were going to make it until today, though.  My determination was thwarted, though, when the apt. manager came to my door Monday morning with a letter stating that complaints about the noise had been received, and that if I was going to keep the dog I would have to change my lease, which includes paying a several hundred dollar deposit. 

Ok...text puppy's dad....no response.  Call. No response.  Call the phone of the person he's with...caught him on the slopes.  We worked out all the details to have sweet puppy picked up by her grandparents and stay with them for the last two days until her dad gets back in town.  It was a relief even to the kids who were getting frustrated trying to keep her quiet.  Puppies like her aren't meant to be quiet.  They want to run and play and bark.    Surprisingly, I really miss her, though!  Isn't she beautiful?  This is right before she left.

Bizzare Bible Info:
from Genesis...
Times have really changed.
**Abram's wife Sarah TOLD him to get her servant, Hagai pregnant.
**Both of Lot's daughters got him drunk so they could have sex with him.  They both got pregnant by him and each had a son.  Ewwww.....

I really did like what I read in Job 42:10....
After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord made him successful again. He gave him twice as much as he had before.
 
The LORD blessed the last part of Job's life even more than the first part.--Job 42:12


I am counting on the same thing for my life.  I first named my blog My Life Part 2... because I feel like the 2nd half of my life is beginning.   If the best is yet to come, then I have a reason to be expectant and excited.


4 comments:

  1. Me, too, Friend. I can't wait to see what He's going to do for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, how do I get my picture to show up beside my name? Technically challenged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, but SueMac would. She's the expert. I'll find out from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't necessarily want Steve to get another woman pregnant, but I've told him he can have a girlfriend, I don't mind, but she needs to come clean the whole house once a week, cook 3 times a week and do some laundry. He hasn't taken me up on it.... YET. Don't know about the pic, mine just comes up! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete