Friday, January 15, 2010

Yep....Here's the Stumble

     So I guess if you've seen my status update on FB you can tell it hasn't been the best of days.  I guess after my blog yesterday about making progress and not looking back I should have known today would be a challenge.  My bad days are usually triggered by something, and this one was.  Sometimes it doesn't take much to send my mind back to the whys, why nots, the feelings of rejection and regrets, and what- ifs.  At times I can force those thoughts to the back of my mind, but other times it's not that easy, and those thoughts tend to have a strong effect on everything else going on in my life.  That's what today was like.  I do know that I've got to send this latest trigger back in the recesses of my mind and forget it in order to continue to move forward.  Easier said than done, though.  Part of my problem today is the fact that I am at this place again.  I guess I thought I wouldn't regress again over this same thing, and so I'm mad about the fact that I have.  It's SO not worth it, but I'm human.

You know what I need?  I need a roadtrip!  I need a roadtrip to meet my friends and have a good time filled with fun, laughter, good conversation, and good food.  I found a great prospective trip today, but getting someone to meet me there is a challenge.  I need another day like the one in Athens back in November, or like one of the old FB "reunion" nights.

On a lighter note- I cannot get a certain song out of my head the last two days.  Here's the link:

Yes, it's "Pants on the Ground"!  I know, I know....but to me it's hilarious.  


What about the Leno/Conan war?  Personally  I don't watch either anymore.  I used to watch Leno because of the Fruitcake Lady, and Sidewalk Surveys.  I can't make myself watch Conan, so I opt for Seinfeld or King of the Hill reruns during that time. 


In reference to my earlier post this week the school board made more cuts last night.  This time they cut personnel.  It's not looking good.  Morale has got to be at an all-time low.


On a good note I reconnected with two friends from high school this week, and one actually lives close to me!  
I'm also thankful for the warmer weather, and am looking forward to putting together Nate's ping pong table this weekend and playing.

I know this is one of my "one step back" days, and I'll take more forward steps soon.  In the meantime I'll keep reading yesterday's blog, and watching the "Pants on the Ground" video! 

Have a great weekend!





1 comment:

  1. Another Athens night would be a blast....... I need one, too. Not as bad as you do, but...... anyway, you know I love you!

    ReplyDelete